Plan: Redefine guard positions with work, place a full band visual (feet apart) on count 1 of the ¾ measure, then together on ct 1 of next measur
Set 15: Form is ok but needs redefining for flutes, Hold 4 is not at all accurate, guard soloist needs reps.
Plan: Redefine guard entrance and flute positions, add “lean” visual on hold 4 to help define halt. During this time drumline will go away to work parade marching basics.
Set 16: This is our strongest set both visually and musically…we just need to check and make sure everyone knows exactly where the next step off happens.
Plan: Redefine form (guard positions) and next step off
Set 17: This is getting messy…regular time people need to make sure the picture is defined…double time folks have to take a close look at how the form develops…guard placement and visual elements should audience eyes towards center…
1. Check all positions
2. Single time people go away to work other issues:
4. Bring everyone back together and run it again
Set 18: Ugly Ugly Ugly…
1. Guard positions
2. Redefine who is single and double time curve by curve
3. Horn Angles!!!
4. Define foot position on halt, add slow horn pop/down on 4
5. Do this several times with a plus 1
Set 19: If we looked up ugly in the dictionary this is it! This is my fault for trying to get to fancy on the ending…we fix it tonight!
1. Lose the staggered stepoff…everyone moves 12 regular time
2. Add the ¾ measure visual from the beginning
3. Try to do a ripple visual kneel, maybe with a cymbal sizzle in the back…
Then lather, rinse, repeat, a whole bunch of times!!!!